Commissions are most welcome.
To make this process straightforward and agreeable for all parties, please follow these steps:
- Information: following initial contact by phone or email, please forward as much detailed information about the project as possible via email. This would typically include photos, a brief description of the required works, approximate sizes and material (if known). Please be prepared to appreciate that we will advise on a suitable time-frame, as we must schedule in new work according to all prior commitments to others, of which there are always many.
- Estimate: after assessing the information supplied, we will either provide you with a costing estimate, which will include a clear breakdown of labour (hours), associated materials, and depending on the location of the project, a collection/delivery charge may also be required. Or we may need to arrange a site visit at a mutually convenient hour to further familiarise ourselves with the project specifications and give a more accurate quotation for the works.
- Works Orders: before any work commences, commercial clients are required to send a purchase order on signed and dated letter-headed paper, agreeing to the terms set out in the quotation. The works order should include the company registration and VAT number. For private clients, a confirmation letter either by email or by Royal Mail is warranted, including a deposit of costs to cover all associated materials as outlined in the quotation. No works will be carried out until the deposit has cleared in our accounts.
- Preparatory: depending on the project, we will carry out drawings and scale models, which will be shown to the client for approval before commencing with the carving.
- Process: clients will be kept up to date throughout and are welcome to arrange a visit to the studio during the making of the work.
- Completion: the project will be delivered or can be collected from the studio as negotiated. Payment in full is due on completion of the works unless previously agreed otherwise.
- The quality of our work will speak for itself. The finished product will be a combination of careful research; applied talent; the highest possible standard of craftsmanship.